Service Provider Arrangements

You can enter into an agreement with a service provider and have them submit and correct your reports.  A service provider will also communicate with FINTRAC on your behalf when necessary.  The reports that a service provider can submit and correct on a reporting entity’s behalf are:

  • Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs)
  • Large Cash Transaction Reports (LCTRs)
  • non-SWIFT Electronic Funds Transfer Reports (EFTIs, EFTOs)
  • SWIFT Electronic Funds Transfer Reports (EFTSs)
  • Casino Disbursement Reports (CDRs)

Reporting entities using a service provider are still responsible for:

  • meeting the reporting obligations defined in the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act.  This responsibility cannot be delegated.
  • maintaining their locations and contacts in the FINTRAC web reporting system (F2R).

How is reporting delegated to a service provider?

A reporting entity and their service provider both need to be enrolled with FINTRAC’s web reporting system before a reporting entity can delegate their reporting to a service provider.

Contact us to enroll in the FINTRAC web reporting system by:

To enroll, you will need to provide:

  • your company's legal or business name that you will use for filing
  • the main address where your company does business
  • the type of reports that you will be filing
  • the name of your FINTRAC web reporting administrator
  • the name of your FINTRAC web reporting administrator’s assistant, if you choose to use this role

As a reporting entity or service provider, your system administrator will receive a username and password for the FINTRAC web reporting system. Your administrator manages access for your organization’s users and maintains information about the locations and contacts that will be used on your reports.

Service providers will receive a service provider number upon their enrollment. A service provider can also receive a service provider number through the Service providers’ menu.

Date Modified: