Submitting a Financial Entity Business Client Report
To submit a Financial Entity Business Client Report, you need a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Batch certificate and the batch transmission software.
If you do not have the PKI Batch certificate or the batch transmission software, you will need to obtain them from FINTRAC. Please see Electronic Reporting to FINTRAC: Batch in the Reporting Section for more information. If you already have a PKI Batch certificate for reporting to FINTRAC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this type of reporting.
To submit a Financial Entity Business Client Report, refer to Section 3.1 in Guideline 9 and complete Steps 1 to 4 below. However, to report certain changes to an existing report, refer to Section 3.3 or 3.4 in Guideline 9 and complete Steps 3 and 4 below.
Download and save a copy of the Financial Entity Business Client Report spreadsheet. To do this, select the appropriate link below and select Save Target As
- Financial Entity Business Client Report for Microsoft Excel (47 kb)
- Financial Entity Business Client Report for Quattro Pro (44 kb)
- Financial Entity Business Client Report for Lotus 1-2-3 (61 kb)
Complete the Financial Entity Business Client Report spreadsheet. All the fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled in. For more information on how to fill out the fields, refer to Appendix 2 in Guideline 9.
Once you have completed the spreadsheet, you should save it in its default format (i.e., xls, qpw or wk4) for future reference and updating.
It is mandatory that the file to be submitted is saved in a comma separated value format (with an extension of .csv), and that this copy be sent to FINTRAC.
To save the spreadsheet in a comma separated value format for transmission to FINTRAC, complete the following steps:
- Open the completed Financial Entity Business Client Report spreadsheet.
- Go to the File menu and select Save As.
- In the File name: section, use the following naming convention:
- Your 10-digit PKI User ID number issued by FINTRAC.
- The date the file is sent to FINTRAC (i.e., the current date).
- A two-digit number
Note: Normally, you would send only one Financial Entity Business Client Report per day; therefore, ## would be replaced with 01. However, if you send more than one Financial Entity Business Client Report within the same day, then increment ## accordingly (i.e., 01, 02, etc.)
- The file extension of the spreadsheet to be submitted (i.e., for a comma separated value or comma delimited format, the extension is csv)
- When selecting which file type to save as, choose one of the following:
- In Microsoft Excel, select CSV (comma delimited) (*.csv);or
- In Quattro Pro, select CSV (Comma delimited); or
- In Lotus 1-2-3, select Comma Separated Value (CSV).
- Click the Save button.
See the following figure for an example of the Save As window in Microsoft Excel:
Once the file has been saved in a comma separated value format, submit the Financial Entity Business Client Report spreadsheet to FINTRAC with the batch transmission software provided to you by FINTRAC.
Use the batch report channel called Alt to LCTR (Alternative to Large Cash Transaction Reports) to drop the spreadsheet for transmission. Please refer to the Batch Transmitting Guide manual for more information about the transmission of files.
The Batch Transmitting Guide is currently unavailable. For information about installation and configuration of the batch transmitting software, please contact FINTRAC as follows:
- Toll-free: 1-866-346-8722. After making your language selection, press “3” for technical help.
- Email: email@example.com
You will be notified if the transmission of the file was successful. However, you will not receive a secondary acknowledgement about processing results.
- Date Modified: