Service provider arrangements

As a reporting entity (RE), you may enter into an agreement with a service provider to have them submit and correct reports to FINTRAC on your behalf. Your service provider will also communicate with FINTRAC on your behalf in relation to reporting.

The reports that a service provider can submit and correct on your behalf are:

  • Suspicious transaction reports (STRs)
  • Large cash transaction reports (LCTRs)
  • Large virtual currency transaction reports (LVCTRs)
  • Electronic funds transfer reports (EFTRs)
  • Casino disbursement reports (CDRs)

How do I delegate reporting to a service provider?

Both you and the service provider need to enroll with FINTRAC's web reporting system before the service provider can submit reports on your behalf. Once enrolled, your administrator can manage your organization's users' access rights, and delegate a service provider to submit reports on your behalf.

To delegate to a service provider, you need to:

  1. Click on "Manage service provider relationships" on the FINTRAC web reporting system's homepage.
  2. Select "Delegate to a service provider".
  3. Enter the service provider number at the bottom of the page and click on "Designate".

REs who use a service provider are still responsible for:

  • meeting the reporting obligations defined in the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act. This responsibility cannot be delegated; and
  • maintaining their locations and contacts in FINTRAC's web reporting system. 

How do I enroll in FINTRAC's web reporting system?

Contact FINTRAC to enroll in FINTRAC's web reporting system by:

  • sending an email to; or
  • dialling 1-866-346-8722 and pressing <4>; after choosing your language.

What information do I need to enroll in FINTRAC's web reporting system?

To enroll in FINTRAC's web reporting system, you will need to provide FINTRAC with:

  • your company's legal or business name that you will use for filing;
  • the main address where your company does business;
  • the type of reports that you will be filing;
  • the name of your FINTRAC web reporting system administrator; and
  • the name of your FINTRAC web reporting system administrator's assistant, if you choose to use this role.
Date Modified: