How to register
Complete the pre-registration form (This will open a new window) online.
You will be contacted by a FINTRAC officer within 5 business days.
Sign in to the MSB Registration (This will open a new window) System using your user ID and password.
Complete and submit your MSB registration form. You may need the following information, if applicable:
- Bank account information;
- Information about your compliance officer;
- Number of employees;
- Incorporation information (if your business type is a corporation);
- Information about your MSB's owners and senior management, such as their name and date of birth;
- An estimate of the expected total dollar amount of transactions per year for each MSB service you provide;
- Detailed information about every branch; and
- Detailed information about every Canadian MSB agent.
After you submit your registration form
We will process your form within 14 days and will send you one of the following:
- your registration approval notice and your registration number
- a clarification request - see Respond to clarification requests
- reasons why we have denied your registration
Once your MSB registration form is approved, some of the information provided will be made available to the public and displayed on FINTRAC's MSB registry search.
If you do not register, you may be assessed penalties or incur other consequences.
- Date Modified: